The SAT Program Goal: Improve your score by 300 points!
Our SAT Program includes:
- Free adaptive learning software, powered by Magoosh, an extremely high-quality online test-preparation firm
- Free Books and Supplementary Materials
- 8 3-hour long classes covering content, test-taking strategies, and a "roadmap" to success
- 4 full-length, simulated practice exams
- One-on-One Tutoring, if necessary, outside of the class
Why Choose Reach-Higher?
Our SAT program is on par with any "for-profit" program in the business, because it was developed by instructors with extensive experience teaching and taking the SAT. Here are some more reasons why we're the best:
Our teaching philosophy is to teach the SAT like a game to be beaten, making classes and learning fun and easy to digest
- Teaching to the Test:
An extensive part of our class involves learning test-taking tips and strategies, not just content; this approach has produced proven, consistent, and guaranteed results in our past experiences
- A Holistic Approach:
Our material covers every major topic on the SAT, and covers additional testing techniques, such as anxiety management and dealing with "brain-fatigue"
- The BEST Instruction:
All of our classes are taught by fully trained instructors who have mastered the SAT content, aced the test themselves with scores in the top 10%, and attended the best colleges and universities
- An Emphasis on the Student
Our teachers and tutors know that each student is different in the way they learn; through our partnership with Magoosh, our materials and course are built to be adaptive, catering to the needs of each individual
Our tutors, in their past tutoring classes at " for-profit " companies, have seen score-improvements of around 200-300 points, with a large amount of upside
Who is eligible?
Due to the immense resources we dedicate to our SAT program, our class size is capped at 10-15 students per class. Eligible students must:
- Be a junior or senior in high-school, with qualifying financial need (eligible for free or reduced price lunch at school)
- Be willing to do all homework (about 3-6 hours per session) and engage in class
- Be motivated to excel, and be willing to work hard to improve their score
- Be interested in attending an institution of higher education
All of the students accepted into our SAT Program are automatically eligible for our College Admissions Counseling and Collegiate Mentoring Services. Although we try to offer some one-on-one tutoring alternatives to those applicants who are unable to attend a program, and we strive to help as many interested students as possible, it is oftentimes impossible to do so. All applicants are encouraged to keep in touch with us for informal guidance and advice
*Please be aware that, by contacting us and starting the application process, you agree to provide proof, if requested, of your financial eligibility.
Interested students should begin by signing up now! In addition, students should feel free to contact us with questions, comments, or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates: TBA: Early January
Instructor: Neil Assur/Sam Braxton